Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Playing Hooky! (Or My Crazy Crochet Weekend)

I went a little crazy this last weekend.  I have a new nephew on his way in about a month, and thoughts about opening an etsy store, which culminated in a lot of crocheting.  I made some insanely cute hats, and found a few very inspirational people and places.
First, I love this girl's blog and her shell hat pattern.  I made one up to give to a gal that I visit teach who just had a beautiful baby girl this last week.  (I was supposed to make dinner, but may have been slightly distracted by crochet hooks and the pack of wild monkeys that live in my house.  So she got pizza, and a cute hat.  Oh well.)
I also love this one and I great plans for her cute beanie with brim pattern.  I made up a different beanie pattern, and I like it.  But I think the one from Angel's Chest might be my more favorite.
Then I was inspired by a few different versions of bug hats that I saw around online, but none of the patterns I found was exactly what I wanted.  So, I spent a ridiculous amount of time (meaning that I may have still been playing hooky around 2 am) making my own pattern.  This is the result.  I am so completely stoked at the thought of taking pictures of my new nephew with antennae that stick up.
Now, I'm working on a cocoon for the new baby.  And, my arm is completely sore at the top of my forearm by my elbow.  Perhaps a little too much hooky for one weekend.
I am really excited about figuring out the etsy thing.  It is kind of crazy to think that someone would want to buy my stuff, although it really is very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment