Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quiet

It is quiet. 

So quiet that I can hear someone laughing next door, and a door shutting, and the heater clicking on and off. 

The chaos of the day is put away (This is only because I exercised a very large amount of will power and didn't immediately sit down with my laptop the instant the kids were in bed.  Instead I set the timer and cleaned things up for 15 minutes.  I really deserve very shiny gold stars for this.)  And it almost looks like nice, neat people live here.  Almost.

And I know if I open their bedroom door it will smell like sleep, and I will hear the soft sounds of their breathing, and they will be curled up in their little blanket nests.  My kids have never been fans of sleeping straight in blankets, curled into messy nests is much more cozy. 

I love this quiet, this peace.  I love sitting here deciding which project to play with next (probably making three of these for Easter).  I love how beautiful my kids are, how much my boys look like their dad.  It is so easy to imagine that being a mommy is blissful right now.

Actually right now, it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment